A lovely client came in this week after having a whirlwind summer tour through Britain and Portugal. After spending a couple of years nurturing her hair to get it as long as possible (and I mean microtrimming with lots of deep conditioning in between), she returned ready for the 'chop'! I was shocked but so EXCITED! Her inspiration? "All the girls were wearing bobs with a half up top knot!" She said this style was everywhere so I decided to look it up and play with my own version of it.
1) I air dried my hair with Bumble and Bumble's "Don't blow it" styling creme. I simply put a dime size throughout my hair and left it alone until it was dry. If you haven't tried this stuff yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? it's ah-mazing! Being chemically dependent, and constantly changing my haircolor has caused my hair to get frizzy when I air dry it normally but not with this magic potion! I get shine, smoothness, AND softness! Plus, it's one less time I have to put heat on my hair and that makes this girl very happy.
2) After dry, I used Hot Tools Deep Waver to quickly create some
nice body and
movement. I craved the messy textured look. I took big (1 1/2") sections horizontally so my whole bob took about 4 minutes to heat style. ANOTHER bonus!
3) Then I gathered the top half of my hair loosely into a hair tie while leaving out my bangs and a little hair in front of my ears. I knotted the pony tail from the hair tie and secured it with some pins.
4) I fluffed it loosely by shaking my fingers through the hair at my scalp. NOT running my fingers all the way through it, that would make my hair get puffy and huge! I just wanted to shake out the waves a bit for some more messy texture.
5) TA-DAAAAA! all done! What do you think?
I'd love to hear your comments, questions, and thoughts!
I hope you give it a try! You won't be disappointed with the effortlessly chic results!